Thursday, August 5, 2010

Going with the flow

As I sat across from her at the tiny coffee shop table, her big blue eyes sparkling as she chatted about Josh and shared all her weddings plans, I thought to myself, wow, I wish I was this articulate about my wedding details when I got married.  She had her usual wedding binder, vendor folders, calendar and planner.  This was our third meeting before their wedding day (not including the engagement session) and we were finalizing how I fit in to the 'big picture,' if you will.

We created an intricate timeline to maximize every moment of their wedding day to ensure each photo op was given its proper due.  I knew how important photography was to Sarah and wanted to make sure I was ready to "bring it" when their day came.  I briefed Faye beforehand and gave her a copy of the strict timeline we were to follow.  I already had it memorized.  We were ready.

Then I got the phone call that morning.  It was one of the hottest and most humid days of this summer and rain had dampened more than just the ground and trees.  It had dampened Sarah's sunny disposition and she was feeling some nerves kick in.  It was then that I realized "the timeline" was no longer an issue.  My goal changed to putting that smile back on her face.  I gave her a pep talk and tried to help her realize how all she could do at this point was soak up the happiness of this day with Josh and enjoy watching all her planning unfold around her.

And planning she did.  Quite, quite well.  Well done, sister.


**Edited to add:  I forgot to mention that all of Sarah's wedding accessories (dress, veil, etc.) are from the fabulous Kathy at Veiled in Elegance in Geneva.  I have never seen another veil like Sarah's and I was smitten.


So the day was warm, but the sun came out and dried up the puddles.  This was the end of Sarah's nerves getting the best of her.  I think once she saw Josh, she was reassured that everything would end up ok.  And believe me, the day was better than ok.


I am so crazy about the Kelly green color she chose.  These girls looked amazing in these dresses and this color.


Before we knew it, we were whisked away for a cocktail boat tour around Lake Geneva.


Thank you to Faye for grabbing this great shot of the shoes.


Now a rainbow on your wedding day can be nothing but good luck.  (Thanks Faye for this shot too!)


Sarah was so excited to see all her hard work and design pulled together.  That smile was definitely back.


Sarah's sister-in-law hand stitched each and every napkin with a "B."


From what I hear, Josh has quite the collection of Pez dispensers.  It seemed only fitting to incorporate them in the cake topper.


Ahh, air conditioning.


The new Mr. & Mrs. Braley.


Then they danced...


Thank you Faye for your specialty, off-camera lighting.


...and danced...


...and danced.


Till they could dance no more.



Congratulations Sarah & Josh.  It was an evening to remember and could not have gone off any better.  I wish you many, many years of happiness.  I thank you for letting us be a part of it.  All my best.

1 comment:

  1. Magnificent wedding pictures. Kelly, you are incredibly talented! (Sarah, loved the touch of green, appears you didn't miss a detail).

    ReplyDelete