Thursday, September 4, 2008

Lissy & Mark

Ski trips, sailing and shopping. These are just a few of the fond memories I have with my old friend Lissy. When I spent some time with her and her fiance, Mark, last week, I was reminded of why we were such good friends...we just enjoy each other's company and like to go on adventures. Even though our lives have taken separate paths, it is comforting to know that when we do get together we can pick up where we left off and share a common bond of friendship.

Melissa a/k/a "Lissy" and f/k/a "Sky" (ha - that's a whole other story ;) contacted me to let me know she was going to be tying the knot with the love of her life. I was thrilled that she wanted me to be a part of her wedding day.

I got the chance to reconnect with her and to meet her soon-to-be husband at our engagement session. They trusted me as I led them on a wild goose chase through a field of prickly patches, but nonetheless, it was an adventure just like the good old days we spent together in middle school.

This girl wears no makeup!

Lissy and Mark have fallen in love over a long distance relationship, but it was here on this bridge in Island Park where they first decided this was the real thing.


I definitely could feel the love, but if love could be physically seen, it would have been emanating around them like a golden yellow glow.


Separately they have dedicated their lives to serving their church and helping others. Now they will join forces and make a formidable team.



Here are those prickers I was talking about. I still have a couple battle wounds on my legs.

Mark was such a gentleman and carried his fiancee over the threshold.



I loved this series.

When we were in middle school, we found this old temple-like dome out by the government center and used to ride our bikes here and play in the creek. I had not been back here since high school, it was cool to see that it was still standing.

Lots of symbolism in these next ones.



It was so fun to reconnect with an old buddy and to see where her life has taken her. I can't wait for your wedding day in a few weeks. Thanks for including me! Much love, K

No comments:

Post a Comment