Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Marty & Ashley

So, I officially have my first destination wedding on the books :D Mexico, you ask? Hawaii? The Caribbean?? Well, not exactly...how about Buffalo, New York?!! Beggars can't be choosers, right?

I am just teasing. I could not be more thrilled to be a part of Marty & Ashley's special day -- and what a day it will be! Gorgeous historical venues, fun people and the tightest family units. I can't wait! Marty is a close friend of Chad's and mine and after I talked with Ashley on the phone for the first time, I felt like we had been friends for years.

I finally got the chance to meet Ashley in person at their swanky engagement party in "JanesVegas," Wisconsin. It was like being reunited with an old friend. She is so real and such a genuine person.

This is just a snapshot from their engagement party at The Speakeasy Restaurant.




A sneak peek at the cool doors in the women's bathroom.



Ashley and her sister...good genes run in this family.


Marty is one of many generations of his family to be born and raised in Buffalo. They all live and breathe Buffalo. He has vivid memories of his uncle sneaking him into Buffalo Sabre hockey games and letting him sit by all the players and getting their autographs when he was younger. Chad and I were able to pull a few strings and get an autographed photo of our friend Drew Stafford for Marty. Drew grew up with my cousin, Matty, and came in town to visit our family a few weeks ago.

But I digress, sorry, back to Marty and Buffalo. So we framed the autographed pic and gave it to Marty and Ashley for their engagement gift. Marty was like a little kid when he opened it.



He was so excited and his dad and grandpa were so jealous. Marty immediately told Ashley that this photo will NOT be hanging in the laundry room with the rest of his Buffalo Sabre paraphernalia. I am glad to hear it has been promoted to a nice spot on their wall outside of the confines of dirty socks and underwear ;)

Later that night, Marty pulled Chad and I aside to say that this was the nicest gift anyone had given him. I get the goosebumps when I think about that. Thank you Drew for making our friend Marty so happy.



Marty's grandpa one of the most wonderful and sweetest men I have ever met. He adores his little Marty.



I got the chance to meet with Marty & Ashley for their engagement session and we had a ball. They are such a cute couple.

Nice stems ;)












Thank you both for allowing me to be a part of this sweet time in your lives. I am counting down the days until I get to visit Buffalo!

No comments:

Post a Comment