Sunday, November 15, 2009

Kyler, Matilda Jane, and Nesting

Kind of a random post, but I am trying to get some blogging topics marked off of my checklist. Have I ever mentioned how much I love checklists? I like writing things on my checklist just so I can scratch it off. Man, that feels good. I have started doing my checklists on my iPhone, but it doesn't feel as good when I delete something because I love physically seeing a task marked as DONE.

I do know I have mentioned before that I love designing custom cards....save the dates, holiday cards, birth announcements...etc. I have lots of Holiday Cards to get crackin' on and I can't believe I forgot to blog Ky's birth announcement.

This is back when he was just a peanut.

This is the front:

And the back. These are 5x5 double-sided postcards, printed on a pearl paper with a little shimmer to them. Something new I am offering in addition to the linen paper cards.

Here I am enjoying the life of a mother of two...or three...does Berkeley count?

Ky loves his new room. He just slept through the night for the first time last night. Woo hoo!!!
I can't believe he is now 2 months old. He is such a lovebug.
He loves his new hat (thanks Kristina, Brad & Adrian!)
He also got the neatest personalized baby blanket. You have to check out Mother Goosh's site. They are local and located right in Geneva. (Thanks Bart & Linda!)

Also...DUN DUN DUUUUN!!! Guess what came in the mail!
This is the dress for the Matilda Jane contest I mentioned last month. It finally came so now I have to work some magic. I made an attempt at bribery with Brynn to be my model, but I may have to resort to Plan B. I don't think she is buying it. I will need everyone's help with voting in a few weeks. I am going to have a special contest for those of you that help me out ;)
Finally, I completed my "nesting" stage last weekend with many thanks to my mother-in-law for cracking the whip.
I love yellow, but after 5 years of this, I was ready for a change.

So here it is. I LOOOVE this new color and look in my living room and dining room. So different. Thank you to Chad's cousin Trisha for sharing this color with me. I first saw it in her adorable store Ivy & Twine in Marietta, Georgia one year ago. Their antique French vintagey decor is to die for and was very much my inspiration. Also, my sister-in-law designed their logo which is super cute and she is now helping me with giving my logo an updated look.
Here are just a few snapshots. It is still a work in progress, but I am very pleased with the direction it is heading.




Not the best image quality on these, sorry. I have had a lot of requests from those of you that knew I was working on this project. I wanted to finish this before Ky was born, but then I was put on stupid best rest and never got it done until now. I actually had my first shoot ever at my house today. Can't wait to share the pics!

FYI, we are headed out of town for Thanksgiving on Friday and as I mentioned, I am NOT bringing my computer this year. I will return emails and phone calls after the holiday. I am currently booked until the end of the year for photo sessions, but I am already booking for 2010, so give me a shout asap and we can get something on the calendar. I will be doing a limited number of photo sessions next year so don't wait! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment