Sunday, January 30, 2011

Freakishly Strong

She just loves telling the story.  Her and my mom get such a good laugh out of it.  I admit, I can laugh about it now too.  But the conspiracy between the two of them was thick, I tell you.  

Growing up, Court and I could not have been more different.  She was definitely more of a tomboy than me and as I got older, I was way more in to clothes and fashion than she was at her age.  (I am three years older than her.)  I used to come home from the mall and show her new things that I had gotten and tell her she could borrow them if she wanted to...until the day came when she actually started wanting to.  

I remember it vividly.  My love for that Abercrombie & Fitch flannel shirt that was about 3 sizes too big for me.  I bought it with my own money and I only wore it on special days.  It mostly hung in my closet because I didn't want anything to happen to it.

As I was getting dressed one night to go to a Friday night high school basketball game (complete with my Doc Martens, long hair and big bangs) I noticed it.  A patch on a rip on the inside bottom part of the shirt that I knew was not from me.  And there was only one other person it could have come from.  COURTNEY!  

I've only physically accosted my sister once or twice in my life.  But this was one of them.  You can ask her and my mom how "freakishly strong" I am ;)  I wrestled both of them at the same time and took them down.

They just love telling that story.  The two of them.  Their version is quite hilarious.

I am so proud to call Court my sister and am so impressed with her "freakish strength" as she winds down her pregnancy.  We got some good news and bad news last week after what was supposed to be her final ultrasound.  Turns out little Haddie, is measuring quite little and they found out that Court has Velamentous Cord Insertion...here is how she described it to us:

Basically the 3 vessels in the umbilical cord are not inserted into the middle of placenta like it should be but are spread out and are near the edge of the placenta which makes them all have to work that much harder to get all the oxygen and nutrients to baby...hence baby measuring a little small...but also causing the vessels to be less protected and increasing the risk of a vessel rupture if they are located below baby and near cervix...which could be detrimental to the baby should I go into labor.  

So Tuesday we went to High Risk Ob and they checked her out...at 34 weeks, she 
is approx. 4lbs 7oz and (24th percentile) and she passed the biophysical profile with an 8 out of 8...very good news!  They are going to give her this biophysical profile test each week now to make sure she is still thriving and measure her growth.  Then just last night my Dr. confirmed the placenta and vessels are not located near the cervix, which is more good news and what we wanted to hear...the high risk Dr. said I should be fine even if my water were to break before the c-section date.  She hopes to keep baby in there til Feb 22nd, as long as the baby is still growing and passing the weekly biophysical profiles.  If for some reason baby stops growing we will move c-section date up more but for now 
we are scheduled for the morning of Feb 22nd instead of March 2nd. 

Court, I love you, and yes, you can have your maternity leave.  I will even let you borrow anything of mine that you like.








And we can't forget Ells...the soon-to-be Big Sister who is not going to share her passies with baby Haddie.




xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment