Thursday, September 15, 2011

If you can't say something nice...

...about pregnancy...then I shouldn't say anything at all, right?

I feel like I have not had many positive things to say since I found out I am pregnant.  The whole thing has been crazy overwhelming and I am just now feeling the realness sink in...like when I look at the TWO cribs in my nursery...holy smokes.  Right after my family set them up for me, I kept going back to the doorway and looking in...again...and again.

I am almost 29 weeks now and measuring at 38 weeks (for the standard of a normal "singleton" pregnancy).  Which means from now on, any growing I do will be above and beyond where my skin has gone before.

As I mentioned a couple weeks ago, there are some complications with one of the placentas, so one of these little guys is much littler than the other.  My doctors are thrilled I have made it passed 28 weeks and  are anticipating delivery anywhere in the next two to four weeks.  In order to help the guys' lungs with a little quicker development, I had a double dose of steroid shots this week which led to some major insomnia and a ravenous appetite.  So far, no bed rest, although, the bigger I get and the faster Ky learns to run, the better a little bed rest sounds ;)

The house is coming along nicely and I plan to post some pics of it soon.  I have to say, I am just loving this time of year and the weather has been fantastic.  Last weekend my grandma Lois came over and made a pot roast after church and we watched the Bears' game while my Spiced Pumpkin candle burned.  It was was heavenly.

I have a busy week and a half of shooting, then I am trying to start taking it easy and hopefully get caught up before the big "arrival."

In the meantime, I put together a little list of why I am ready to be done being pregnant.

Top Ten reasons pregnancy is not fun anymore:

(thank you to Chad for this photo ;)

10.  The stares my belly gets from small children.
9.  Dragging myself out of bed at least four times per night to pee.
8.  Having to stop and catch my breath...even when I am just sitting and having a conversation.
7.  Ugh, the heartburn!
6.  Doctor appointments three times per week.
5.  Constant cravings of donuts, cupcakes, milkshakes, candy bars, mocha frappacinos, chocolate ice cream cones.....mmmmm.  (seriously, who goes through the Dunkin' Donuts drive thru at 3 in the afternoon?)
4.  Sleeping only on my left side.
3.  Whacked out dreams about inappropriate things I can't talk about here.
2.  People I don't know rubbing my belly and saying "Won't be long now."
1.  Full blown maternity clothes!


(Thank you to Erica Marten for grabbing a few shots of me with my family this past week as I try to make this a positive memory ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment