Thursday, December 22, 2011

Baby, it's cold outside...and inside too.

That blood-pressure raising sound...that high pitched squeal that screams I'm HUNGRY...came piercing through the baby monitor.  Remembering that Chad was on vacation the next day, I lazily rolled over and gave him the "poke."  That sharp poke with my fingernail that says Hey, do you hear that?? Get UP!  It's your turn and don't even think about arguing with me because I WILL throw elbows. 

He must have gotten my point, because he dragged himself up and out of bed as the wails became louder and doubled from down the hall.  I snuggled down into my pillow and pulled the comforter up over my head and almost smiled as I planned to get back to my dreams of sugar plums.

I heard him mumble something about something not working and just like that, he was gone.  But the noises down the hall didn't stop...they got louder.  I can tell their little cries apart now...first it was Breck, then Riles chimed in for emphasis.  Where had Chad gone??  Man, it is cold in here.  What the h?

Chad was in the basement like Ralphie's dad in A Christmas Story cursing at the furnace.  1:26 a.m. and our furnace stopped working.   You stinkin' hosticalfifer.  

Two calls to different repair companies went unreturned.  Finally, Pat at Pat's Heating & Cooling came over to rescue our frozen little family.  My dreams of sugar plums would have to wait.  Maybe tonight??


Number one thing on my list to do today...WRAP!  However, we have no Scotch tape in this whole house, so Chad went out to pick some up.  How is it that a 3M employee could actually have to pay for Scotch tape??

I got quite inspired yesterday when I saw some wrapping inspiration that Mary over at Urban Farmgirl & Co. posted on her blog.  I would have a hard time unwrapping presents that look this good. 





Then I started looking for some more inspiration of my own.  Thanks to that girl over at Tinywhitedaisies...these are all great holiday inspirations.









I need to get to my wrapping...but I wanted to thank all of you for the Christmas cards this year.  I have never received this many and it keeps me running to the mailbox everyday.  We should send cards like this all year long...and we should keep lights up all year round too.  Who's with me??

Here is what I have been doing with all the cards:

(I think I love my iPhone camera a little too much...I may start shooting sessions with it...I kid.)


Here are the rest of the cards that I haven't put up yet...I may need a bigger strand of twine.


I did a combo Birth Announcement/Christmas card this year.  Hence, killing two birds with one stone.

Front:

Back:
I loved my sister's card this year.  I need to blog the pics from their session...coming soon.  Here is a little sneak peek:


3 more days!

No comments:

Post a Comment