Tuesday, May 8, 2012

6 going on 16

Throughout Brynn's life there have been phases and stages that come and go.  Each one has seemed to be slightly more challenging than the last, but we manage and move on and look to the next big thing.  Age five was by far the most difficult for us.  She started Kindergarten and was learning so much that she clearly thought she was now smarter than her dad and I.  I had mentioned the sass previously and how I practically had to start carrying around packets of hot sauce in my purse because you never knew when that smart mouth was going to start sputtering.

In the last month, something has happened to my feisty little stinker girl.  It's like everything I have been nagging her about her entire life has actually started to sink in.  Better manners, longer tempered, more helpful, sort of agreeable.  Don't get me wrong, she's no perfect angel now, but it is a definite improvement from where we were.  I can't wait to see where this life will take you next.

Part of this new "big girl" personality has her miraculously smiling for my camera all of a sudden.  I don't know where it came from, but it took six years for it to rear it's head...and I hope it stays...for a LONG time.  

I keep telling her how pretty she is when she smiles.  Everyone should do it more often.

She agreed to a six year old photo session, but it had to be under her terms...her outfit choices, her poses, her location.  Here is what she came up with:






And then I was able to talk her into a few things I wanted to do.  I am still hoping to do some more stuff outside with her, but she gave me five minutes and this was what I got.

I call it 6 going on 16:




















I love you my sweet Beebs.  You rock my world.

No comments:

Post a Comment