Monday, May 14, 2012

CONTROLLING THE VOLUME OF YOUR VOICE

It only took two months of test-driving, researching, shopping, and accepting that the perfect car for us was going to be a Suburban.  I had a hard time getting used to how big it is, but now I love it and am so happy we all fit in the same car at once and everyone has their own space without touching one another.

I took it in for a car wash this morning and as I tried to guide this huge piece of machinery into the entryway, I noticed the attendant rush over and start to guide me in.  I really thought I was doing just fine on my own, butt he apparently felt I could use some assistance.  I played along and laughed to myself because I must look ridiculous driving this thing with my hundred car seats in it.  I smiled and said thank you as I began to roll up my windows.  He smiled back and commented on how graceful I was navigating my way in the car wash.  He then said I was "like a ballerina in a suburban."  Now, I can't be certain whether he was being facetious, or sincere, but I had to laugh.  I think he was using "ballerina" as a metaphor for a "bull in a China shop."


Anyhoo, we all fit in there quite nicely and everyone is happy.


Here is another happy boy, Hayden.  He turned one in February and we celebrated with some family pics.  I can't wait to do his aunt's wedding up at Abbey Springs on Lake Geneva in June.




Hayden's dad, Eric, is a fantastic guitar player who I alway bug to bring his guitar whenever I know we will be at a get-together with them.  I have recently added learning to play the guitar to my bucket list.  I had a brief stint with lessons in high school, but I didn't have the time to commit to it.  I know I am digressing here, but one time Eric brought his guitar over to our old house and we all sat around the fire until 2:30 a.m. singing along to Tom Petty and several other classics.  Now, my brother-in-law, Adam, is notorious for not being able to CONTROL THE VOLUME OF HIS VOICE and was singing a little too loudly for our old neighbor, Stan.  Stan was, well we thought, a rather soft-spoken man, but when pushed to his limits could really blow a gasket.  He let us have it at 2:30 a.m. in his pale blue boxer shorts and that was the end of our neighborly friendship.






Happy Monday y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment