Friday, October 19, 2012

R.I.P. Big Red Barns

After much consideration, I am very sad to say that I am putting sessions with big red barns to rest.  And may they rest in peace.  

It breaks my heart, and I am very sad about this, but our love affair has gone on for 6 years now, and it is time to move on to bigger and better things.  

Now, I can not guarantee I will not use white barns, blue barns, or old, rustic, brown barns, but for now, red is out.  I feel like I should play TAPS with a bugle.  

My love for barns goes back to when I was a little girl spending lots of time up in Door County at relatives farms.  They always have, and always will, hold a special place in my heart.  But I think it is time to shake it up.

So this is it...one of my last sessions with a red barn in it.  Can you spot it?







This was a really fun session on a warm fall evening.  We were able to walk to this location from Staci & Chad's house.  How lucky are they to be surrounded by this beauty when they walk out their front door?


We were also celebrating Ryker turning 9 months.




And we can't forget big brother, Payson.  He's a quick one, but I was able to keep up with him for a few.








One hot mama...thank you Tami Burgess and Sara Vodden for Staci's amazing hair and makeup.


Staci and I have been friends since 5th grade.  One thing I love about her is her laugh.  It has never changed.



Love the Superman bow tie.


The boys.


So there you have it.  My last post with a red barn in it.  I'm not saying I won't make any exceptions, but it's time to spice it up a bit and challenge myself to do something fresh ;)  Stay tuned to see how that pans out...

No comments:

Post a Comment