Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Chrismukkah

Apparently we are celebrating "Chrismukkah" this year in our house. As I try to sneak gifts in my cart when I think Brynn is not looking, she then asks for her "Polly Pockets" or "Ballerina Dress" as soon as we walk in the door at home. I swear, nothing gets past this girl! I am going to have to rent a storage space when she gets older so she doesn't snoop and find her gifts before Christmas.

My mom, "Mimi," contributed to "Chrismukkah" today for Brynn with some new funky gym shoes that light up, a new puffy vest (because my mom loves vests and if they had had this vest in her size, she would have bought it for herself ;), and a plethora of other clothing items. Christmas came early for little B. Thanks Mom! :)

**Edited to add: Nana (Chad's mom) also contributed to Chrimukkah this weekend with another pair of shoes, Polly Pockets, and some ornaments for our tree! Also, Grandma Van got her the coolest little purse with the Princesses on it and it is filled with all the necessities a girl would need: a mirror, brush, lip gloss, clip-on earrings and sunglasses. Brynn is one lucky girl.

Brynn is a total believer in Santa Claus this year. She's only 2 1/2, but she has it all figured out. She would not sit on his lap at my father-in-law's work party, but she did manage to tell him, as she yelled over my shoulder and was clinging to me like her life depended on it, that she wanted a dollhouse from him. Since I never was a believer in Santa (thank you Auntie Amy & Uncle Ed), it is fun for me to see her getting such a kick out of it. At least I can believe vicariously through her ;)

Just getting into the holiday mood...






This is my mother-in-law's tree last year. Very retro.


My tree.








This is part of the mound of gifts at my parents' house last year. We have a big family.


This is my house, didn't we do a good job decorating this year?


Just kidding. That is not my house.




1 comment:

  1. Ha, ha, Kelly! I had to laugh at you trying to hide gifts from Brynn! Logan was horrible when it came to gift hunting, to the point that he would hunt for receipts in my wallet. One year when I worked at his school I asked my boss if I could hide Logan's presents in his office. It worked great...my boss was the principal of Logan's school...he wouldn't go in THAT office if his life depended on it! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete