Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Excited for 2009...

I am so looking forward to starting a great year. I have a bunch of fun weddings booked as well as two destination weddings that I can't wait for.

I am not going to make it down to Phoenix for Imaging USA with the Professional Photographers of America (PPA) this year (last year was in Tampa), which I am bummed about since I actually have a print that was accepted into their international traveling loan collection. So here it is, "Weathered." Unfortuately, I will not get to see it first hand hanging among other great photographers' masterpieces. You may remember this shot from my trip last February to Seattle/Portland. This boat was sitting on the side of the road and I made them stop the car so I could get out and shoot it. My instincts paid off.



Even though I don't get to go to Imaging this year, I am planning my first trip to Vegas for the Wedding & Portrait Photographers International (WPPI) convention at the MGM Grand with my best friend, Leigh. Anyone have any fun tips for a first timer in Vegas? ;)

Leigh and I attended the "Free to Succeed" tour this past summer with David Jay and one of my favorite photographers, Jasmine Star.


Holla! Jasmine Star totally rocks as a person and as a photographer. She is based out in L.A.


Check her out:


I often get asked who my fave photogs are and who are my inspirations...well, besides Jasmine, here are the rest of my top four - in no particular order:

Amy Wenzel - a fellow Midwestern Girl based out of Grand Rapids, MI. She specializes in high school senior girls and kids.

Jessica Claire specializes in weddings and special events in SoCal.



And last, but certainly not least, Drew B (also out in Cali), does a little of everything and does them all well.



On a random note, as I was cleaning off my hardrive on my laptop, I came across some pics from this past year that my second and third photographers have sent me. I always love it when my favorite photographers show images of themselves in action, so, well, here are some of yours truly just for fun ;)








Yes, I know....I popped a button. I was working hard.





Working hard or hardly working? Faye caught me taking a quick rest as I was deciding my next move ;)





Happy New Year everyone! Looking forward to many fun times ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment