Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Vacation Bible School Drop-out

My little free-spirited, flower child has officially become a drop out. She hasn't even started pre-school yet, but she couldn't make it through a week of Vacation Bible School at our neighbor's house. She kept running home with excuses, like, "Mom, this girl has her sparkly shoes on, so I need to change in to my sparkly shoes too." Or after sitting through one song as the kids are all arriving, "Mom, you need to come over with me, there are moms there." Needless to say, it didn't work out as I planned.

Anyhoo, back to our trip to Dallas, it was so wonderful. We stayed with my former boss from my paralegal/law firm days and his family. At the time we were living there, we didn't know how good we had it. Two incomes, no kids, private neighborhood pool, awesome job, good climate (at least better than Chicago), and that is where we adopted our black lab, my love bug, Berkeley.

Brynn loved everything about our trip, especially our hosts, Heather, James, Jimmy, Quentin, Olivia, & Quentin. These are good people, let me tell you.

The weather was so refreshing. I wish we needed ceiling fans on our front porches in Chicago.




Brynn had such a good time with her Livi.




We also got to hit our favorite spots in Ft. Worth. It was weird showing them to Brynn since she was not even a glimmer in our eye when we used to frequent these local watering holes. We used to love watching Karaoke at Riscky's BBQ.

B liked all the animals on the walls. Rumor has it there is a picture out there of me doing the same thing as her in the photo. I have very little recollection of that ;) I think it was during a girls' weekend karaoke extravaganza night. Good times. Eight of my girlfriends from Chicago came down for a long weekend of fun adventures.

Cabo Grande has hands down the best queso I have ever tasted. You have to eat it while dipping warm flour tortillas in it. Everytime we go back to Dallas/Ft. Worth, we have to stop in for some.

Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment