Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Voting starts Now!!

Ok, it's go time! I really, really, really need your help! Please, please, please take one minute to visit the Matilda Jane site and place your vote for my pic if you like it :)

To refresh your memory, I was picked to be in a photo contest by the fab ladies over at the best clothing company for little girls, Matilda Jane. They sent me, and 44 other photographers (chosen out of hundreds of others), a dress that had never been seen before and asked us to work our magic and "make it look good." There are three phases of voting...first it will be narrowed down from 45 to 10 just by your votes. VOTING STARTS RIGHT NOW!!! Click here to vote.

The challenge was to to take the dress and put your own personal spin one it. There were no requirements or constraints. It was all up to the photographer to style the shot. So check it out and be sure to vote here. The winner will get an all expense paid trip for 2 to the Dress Rehearsal in January. They'll be one of the few who get to see the line before anyone else.

RULES: Voting is done by adding me to your shopping bag and then checking out. Voting will end Sunday, December 6 at midnight. Voting takes place on the Matilda Jane Clothing website.

Here is my pic:

So, as you can see, I did not choose to use the dress as a "dress." I ordered the dress in Brynn's size and even with all my bribery, I could tell it was a no-go. She was so not interested. So I had to act fast. I think this "dress" looks fantastic as a shirt. A special thank you to my girl Dylan for being such a sport and stepping in at the last minute to help me out. Also, thanks to my baby boy Berkeley for being such a good puppy and letting me dress him like a girl ;)

Here are a few of the images that were also contenders to be submitted:





I hope I made the right choice.
For those of you who help me out and vote, please send me an email at kelly@kellyvanderploegphotography.com letting me know once you have voted and you will be entered in a drawing for a FREE PHOTO SESSION and some other special goodies as a big thank you. So please tell your mother, your brother and every Tom, Dick, or Harry your know to get out and vote and you could win some fun stuff! Don't be shy! It would be so appreciated! VOTE HERE!!!
Thanks and much love! KV

No comments:

Post a Comment