Tuesday, September 7, 2010

"Less" is the new "More"

With the economy the way that it is and with everyone striving to be more "green," I have enjoyed this trend and frequenting many different antique shops and resale stores.  I can reduce, reuse and recycle as good as the next guy.

So this new season I have implemented a new philosophy when it comes to shopping.  Since I don't get to do it as much as I used to, I have decided to buy less clothes and home furnishings, but instead, I make sure it is not an impulse buy or buy it just because "it is on sale."  I have mentioned this before:  quality vs. quantity.

I have always struggled with the mentality that I need a lot of "stuff."  I am not a hoarder by any means (unlike my next door neighbors who need to be on a new show and they should call it "Hoarders: Backyard Edition" -- but that's neither here nor there).

I enjoyed implementing my new strategy at Anthropologie yesterday.  I also look forward to putting it in action at this chic store downtown St. Charles.  A long-time family friend and very sweet woman owns Stonehouse on Cedar and graciously allowed me to shoot there on her property.  You have to check out this store.

Sweet Addison, on my baby plan, celebrated her sixth month old milestone and I was lucky enough to catch her on a day when she did not have an afternoon nap.  She should skip that nap more often because she was an absolute angel.

I could not get enough of her "rolls" and had to get a good snuggle and squeeze in when we were done shooting.


Addison, I am sure you don't need that afternoon nap anymore.  Just tell your mom & dad I said it was ok.  xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment