Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Separation Anxiety

Now that Ky is 12 1/2 months old, he has jumped head first into the "separation anxiety" stage of toddlerhood.  And, no "separation anxiety" is not when the mom doesn't want to leave her baby...it is quite the opposite.  (I just had to clarify for my sweet hubby, Chad, who was a little confused of the concept.)

Ky loves for me to hold him all the time and gets very clingy, especially at the end of the day and into his bedtime.  He wants to be with me so badly, that now he has started the very bad habit of waking up in the middle of the night so I will come in and hold him and rock him and love him and sing to him (have I mentioned what a good singer I am?  Well, at least my kids think so). 

Don't get me wrong, I love that quiet time with him alone, but I also love the warm snuggliness of my bed too.  Not to mention that fact that Brynn also still wakes me up at least once a night to crawl in bed with us.  She just told me this morning how comfortable our bed is.  Now, if I could only make her bed as appealing to her.

Kari & Alex, I hope you are resting up now, because your nights of sleeping without interruption will soon be over.

(You may recognize them from their wedding last October which you can view here.)


I love how playful Alex is with Kari.  They sure have a good time together.


Kari is rocking out her Stella & Dot necklace.  I think it photographs so well, and well, let's be honest, Kari is a stunner too.


Poor Champ doesn't know what is in store for him.


I love it when my clients turn into my friends and I get to document them going through different stages in their lives.  I feel so lucky to do what I do for such amazing people.  

Kari & Alex, I have enjoyed watching your journey and I look forward to capturing more memories for you in the future with your growing family.

Best of luck to you both.  xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment