Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Totally Stoked.

I always enjoy going down to the city during the warm months, and it seems this summer it did not happen nearly as much as other summers.  I was happy to fight the 290 construction traffic to spend some time with a beautiful couple on a very humid summer night.  I even mixed a little business with pleasure and dragged Chad with me and got Emily to babysit.  Thank you to all my Facebook friends for hooking a suburban girl up with a cool place to have dinner in the city with my hubby.

Tim & Suzanne already have a baby.  Fitz is Tim's twelve year old Rottweiler who is such a sweetheart.


BFF's.


Any non-photography interested readers out there, you can skip over this part...I just wanted to mention that I shot this next shot at f2.8 (my favorite f-stop) because I love a dramatic depth of field...


But when I checked it out in on my camera screen, I was curious how it would look if I closed up a little bit and so I tried the following one at f7.1 which brought the background a little more in focus. They both tell a good story.


A big thank you to the folks at Mac for doing such a beautiful job with Suzanne's makeup.  I did not do anything to enhance her eye color.  I just lined her up just right with the soft, golden light of the setting sun.  Her amazing eyes did the rest.  Rawr.


Tim is somewhat of a Jack-of-all-trades and as I learned at the end of our session, he even has the title of a "professional snowboarder" under his belt.  I thought he was pretty "stoked."


This is so Suzanne & Tim...laughing together and enjoying each other's company.


This was the last shot of the day as we ran out of light.  There is something about the feel of this image that makes it one of my favorites.


Thanks guys for giving me an awesome reason to come downtown.  I loved laughing with you and getting to know you.  Best of luck as you plan your December wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment