Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Giving Back

I did a wedding consultation the other night in Oak Brook.  It went great and I was feeling really good on my way home along I-88.  It was a warm night and my windows were down, sunroof open, and iPod blasting.   I was thinking about the bride and groom I had just met with and how I couldn't wait to be a part of their day.  

Ironically, that is the exact moment I looked to my right and there was the old building I used to work in  back in my paralegal days.  An overwhelming sense of relief came over me as I reminded myself I did not have to go there ever again.  Then a wave of nausea hit me as the memories flashed in my mind of working there while I was pregnant with Brynn.  Every morning (usually ten minutes late) I would come in the doors from the parking garage and have to walk by the cafe to get to the elevators.  I am not sure what kind of food they were preparing in there, but it certainly smelled like hot garbage to me.  That memory is still fresh to me.  

I am so thankful life has taken me in another direction.  I am also thankful that I can try to pay it forward by helping out with different causes and foundations in the area.  I have mentioned the Paul Ruby Foundation for Parkinson's Research before and I am proud to donate a photo session and prints to their silent auction every year.

I finally got to meet the family that graciously bid on it last year and I am smitten.  They are a fabulous family.

Meet the Galors...






I had a little, no, a LOT, of fun with the backlighting.  It was so scrumptious I wanted to eat it up.  Or somehow bottle it up and save it for a rainy day.

















Thanks Galors!!  xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment