Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Ok, here's the situation...

Something I have always taken for granted is my health.  I have always had lots of energy and enjoyed being active and getting things done when need be.  My world has been turned upside down in the last month.

This pregnancy -- coupled with packing, unpacking, moving, shooting weddings, shooting sessions, entertaining my kids, pleasing my family, dealing with bad news about my dog, the flu and a sinus infection, the constant craving to eat something even though nothing sounds good, and the urge to sleep all day long -- has really taken its toll on me.  All I want is to get back to my "normal" life, which no longer exists.  I am not used to having to stop and catch my breath or sit down until the dizziness passes.

Here are the two little buggers giving me all the trouble.  At least here are the tops of their heads.  I will be finding out what their sexes are on July 8th.  No more surprises for this girl.



So, we did move.  I am now living on the same street that I actually grew up on, except about a mile in the other direction.  I never thought my address would be on this street again.  It is a crazy thing how we ended up in this house.  I think the wheels to put this all in motion actually started a year ago when we decided to put our house on the market.

My aunt & uncle listed their house two weeks before we found out we were having twins.  It's a bigger house that we never really considered because I was looking for less house to clean, not more.  But drastic times call for drastic measures.  It really will fit us perfectly come this fall with the little additions to our family.  And you wanna know the best part?  I am right around the corner from my sis.  Life is good.

My sinuses are clearer, my energy level is better, I have unpacked lots of boxes and we have started painting.  We are ready to make this our new home.  Oh, and did I mention that my aunt, uncle and cousin are still living here while they wait for their new house to be ready??  Yep, one big happy family!   Complete with two dogs.  The best part is we have a live-in house keeper, handy man, and babysitter.  I may ask them to never leave.

Here is the first of many fantastic summer sessions I can't wait to share with you.  Maggie & Bryan are getting married next summer, so we celebrated the one-year countdown with some photos and some fun snuggly time.  (I did not partake in the snuggling...I just captured it ;)



As you can see, these two love to laugh and they genuinely just enjoy being with each other.  They get a sparkle in their eye when they talk about each other.



My fave.





It is nearly impossible for me to comprehend that this is the same little girl with the long, blond ponytail that ran around at her older brother's football games, basketball games and track meets.  She was feisty and fun and we all wanted her to hang out with us big kids.  Her older brother broke my heart in the fifth grade, but it's safe to say I recovered ;)

Maggie, I am so happy to have reconnected with you and see what a beautiful "big girl" you have become.  I am so happy to see that you have fallen in love with such a great guy.




 




Bridget at Odalisque in Geneva did another bang up job with the makeup.





 


Summing up how opposites attract, their reading material choices are my case in point.





I can not wait for your wedding next year.  You two are such a special couple and I am so excited to be a part of this experience with you.

2 comments:

  1. *GORGEOUS* photos, Kelly! And did I read this right...you are having TWINS?? How did we not talk about this when I met you last month at the show. Then again...I guess who opens up a conversation with "by the way, I am prego with twins'...hahaha! So excited for you! And...ummm...I know where you could get some reeeeaallly cute nursery furniture, too. ;o)

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited about these photos, Kelly! We really couldn't have chosen a better photographer - you are talented, kind, fun, and a special part of my childhood. Things turned out so nicely that we could reconnect and have you participate in such an important part of my "adult" life. Thanks for rallying to get the photos to us so quickly. :)

    ReplyDelete