Friday, September 12, 2008

Danielle & Chet: Wedding

When Danielle moved from Chicago to North Carolina to go to college, all the other girls wanted to know who this girl thought she was wearing her high heels to class. She is a girl after my own heart. Soon thereafter, Danielle met Chet and they quickly fell in love. As they say, the rest is history...

This wedding was unique for me because it was the first time that the couple does not know how they were referred to me...it may have been the internet, it may have been from a random business card, that by the grace of god, made it into her hands. Whatever it was, I think it was fate that I got to meet this couple and have their families welcome me and my other shooters to spend such an unforgettable day with them.

This is a ridiculously long post because I could not leave out any of my favorite images and I wanted to tell the story of their day, not just highlight the photos.

The wedding took place at Hotel Baker in St. Charles and made for a classic and historic background while the girls got ready. The makeup artist that did Danielle's makeup did an outstanding job. She totally rocks. Hair and Makeup provided by Starlight Makeup Chicago, www.starlightchicago.com -Makeup: Hillary Fenton, www.hillaryfenton.com -Hair: Adel at Spoil Me Hair Salon, Chicago 773-281-4334


I try not to get in the way, but sometimes I have to get myself in compromising positions to get the shot I am looking for. Faye, my "third shooter" grabbed this shot while I was freaking Danielle out with my lens in her face. By the way, this was Faye's first wedding and she was totally rockin' too.


These are not the bride's shoes, but I couldn't resist shooting them when they were just laying around asking to be photographed.


I loved the decor of these bathrooms!





Meanwhile, Michael, my second shooter was with the guys while they got ready. I LOVE that they opted to keep it real by giving a shout out to their Scottish ancestrial peeps by wearing kilts.

But back to the bride...


Mom helped with the final touches.

Grandma was on-hand for moral support too.

Her dress was gorgeous and fit her like a glove.



The flowers were beautiful and were provided by Grapevine Floral Company, Lake in the Hills, 847-458-5883.

Her earrings were a special gift from her groom.


Veiled in Elegance in Geneva designed her custom veil with her monogram on it. I had never seen anything like this before, it was truly 'one of a kind.'

Dad was waiting for his little girl as we stepped off the elevator. I think his expression as he takes his first look at his only daughter on her wedding day says it all.

Adorable flower girls...

We headed outside to the Rose Garden for some portraits.


She was a stunning bride.



If you're wearing kilts, you have to have a bagpiper, right?
Don't they look handsome...and such the senses of humor! These guys were hilarious and so much fun.
Chet had his dad stand up with him as a groomsman. I loved that these families were so close and enjoyed goofing around with one another.
The groom with his brothers doing an impromptu Irish jig...wait maybe it was a Scottish jig?

Charles is the bride's uncle and was ready to be called into action.



















A few details...
LOVED this cake!
The groom's family is a dancing family. His mom is a ballroom dancing instructor, so her three boys definitely know their way around a dancefloor. Danielle must have picked up a few pointers because she can hang with the best of them. I am a huge fan of "Dancing with the Stars," so this was such a treat to watch them all move on the dancefloor.
Their first dance was sweet and low-key, but that was because we didn't know what was in store for us shortly thereafter...
yes, the dancefloor lit up like Michael Jackson's "Billy Jean" video...
My view of the dip...
and Faye's angle.
The Father-daughter dance was specially choreographed just for them.


The mother-son dance...
still photos do not do their dance moves justice...nothing short of amazing.

And then the real treat...after Danielle and Chet disappeared for a brief intermission, they reemerged with a vengance and totally rocked that lit up floor like I am sure it has never been rocked before. They even had an outfit change!
He flipped and flung her around, so it was a good thing she changed into her dancing dress and shoes! Maybe you will see their dance to Chris Brown's "Forever" on You Tube.

As I suspected, the dancfloor was packed all night long.
I put together a special slideshow for them on my laptop to give them a sneak peek of the images from the day...it was just a teaser to tide them over while they were on their honeymoon in Riviera Maya.

Danielle and Chet, I can not say enough complimentary things about you and your families. You made us feel so welcome that we didn't even leave when we were off duty. We had a ball doing the electric slide and hanging out with you and your guests. I wish all the best to the two of you and much happiness. Congrats!

No comments:

Post a Comment