Monday, March 2, 2009

Another Random Post

Some more randomness for you on this Monday.

I went to my friend Krissy's baby shower a few weeks ago and the cupcakes are worth mentioning since I could eat about 4 at this very moment. There is a new little business in Geneva that makes specialty cupcakes and they are superb.


The Latest Crave has cupcakes in every flavor you could imagine:

vanilla/vanilla, vanilla/chocolate, chocolate/vanilla, chocolate/chocolate, snickerdoodle, jack and jill ( chocolate marshmallow) NEW!!!, blackbottom, carrot, craving cream, key lime filled, lemon filled, Mocha, Orange Pound, Peanut Butter & Jelly, German Chocolate, Red Velvet, Filled Vanilla ( lemon, orange, or key lime), Coconut, White Chocolate, Raspberry Truffle, Chocolate Cherry Filled.
My next random thing I wanted to share is that Brynn started gymnastics last week and is loving it. She insisted that she needed a "suit" for her class, so Mimi picked up a little purple leotard for her to wear. She didn't take it off for three days.




Finally, the most important part of my post...we all attended the Fowles Family Bowling Fundraiser last weekend in Lake Zurich for my friend Michele. For those of you who are faithful readers, you know the whole depressing story. If you want to hear it again, you can start here.
This was one of the most fun and most organized fund raisers I have ever been to. They had a phenomenal silent auction, several raffles and door prizes with the most creative prizes ever. I immediately had my eye on this incredible stack of kids' games from Monopoly to Twister and I just had to have it. Brynn and I put all our tickets in this box (aside from the few I snuck in to the Mario Tricocci massage -- but we won't tell Brynn about that one).
Unfortunately, we did not win the stack of games, but luckily, my sister and brother-in-law did! So we can play them at their house.


Michele's sister Katie, Courtney & Ella, Michele, & me


Michele and her youngest daughter. Don't you want to squeeze her cheeks??

Brynn loved her bowling shoes and could not understand why we had to give them back when we were done. She got a terrible blister, but nonetheless, she refused to take them off.


All of the money raised by many different organizations will help this family significantly as Michele's medical bills are constantly rising. This organization supports family members of our military who are battling cancer. They made a wonderful contribution to her and her family. Michele's husband finishes his tour this summer and will be home from Afghanistan for good in August or September. Yea!!!!



There were lots of tears of joy being shared today. I got the goosebumps many times and choked up even more times at the thought of all the people who pulled together to support a friend in need. I love it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment