Thursday, June 25, 2009

Lynn & Angel: Wedding - Geneva, IL

I believe in many things...God, karma, and country music to name a few. But one thing I definitely believe is that everything happens for a reason. I have known Lynn since 5th grade and although our lives' paths had gone separate ways after high school, I was so sad to hear about her child that had been born with complications several years ago and unfortunately did not make it after many long months of battling for his life. Although this was an awful experience that I wish on no one, Lynn took life's trial and used it to make this world a better place. She wanted to help and care for people the same way the doctors and nurses cared for her son and had helped her. She is now finishing up nursing school and doing what she loves...and she met her love while doing so. Angel and Lynn met in Biology class in their nursing program and have started a new life together. I was so honored to capture this day for them.

Although I grew up in Geneva, I had never really noticed this adorable, little church in the downtown sitting quietly on the corner.

Lynn's family has a ton of history here and her parents were even married in the same place 33 years ago.

Adorable flower girls. This family is amazing, these girls were adopted by Lynn's aunt & uncle from Haiti. They could not have been cuter!


The flowers were done by Fifth Avenue Flowers and they were beautiful. They actually did my flowers for my wedding too...almost 8 years ago...wow, I am getting old.



The First Congregational Church of Geneva is so small that in order to get to the front door without walking through the sanctuary, we had to go around outside. Luckily it had just stopped raining about an hour before that and the skies were a gorgeous blue.



The sweet little ring bearer.

Waiting patiently for the ceremony to begin.


I love the countdown Lynn's cousin was giving her before she was to make her grand entrance.

Married!





Lynn's parents.
The reception was held at Fisherman's Inn in Elburn which has recently been redone and is super cool to shoot at on the grounds.











Lynn's dad was a riot. He had me & Faye cracking up all day.

"All the single ladies..."




Lynn & Angel, thank you, thank you for a wonderful day with your wonderful families. We truly enjoyed being a part of it. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment