Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Back to our regularly scheduled programming...

I am so behind on my blogging. All those germs going around finally caught up with us here in our home. Knock on wood, but I have not gotten sick yet, but I have been taking care of some sick kiddos this past week. Last night was truly wonderful. Brynn is feeling better now, so Chad took her with him to get a haircut and then to play some games at Chuck E. Cheese. I was planning to do the dishes, put away laundry, edit pics, pay bills, make a grocery list, etc. all in the hour and a half they were going to be gone. But Ky had other plans. He is still not feeling that great and he wouldn't let me put him down. So, I did something that I never do and really struggle with letting myself do. I forgot about my "to-do" list and put on some comfy clothes, lit a cinnamon candle, turned the lights down and rented a movie on-demand ("Julie & Julia" - it was wonderful) and just snuggled my baby boy until he finally fell asleep in my arms. I can't tell you a better feeling in the world.

We have been getting in to the Christmas spirit around here too. I introduced Brynn to the movie "A Christmas Story" with Ralphie and his BB gun. She loves it. She always wants me to fast forward it to the part where he "shoots his eye out." Is that normal?

How are you doing on your Christmas shopping? I have barely scraped the surface on my shopping lists. I always do this...I stress over what to get everyone and then I wait until the last minute.

Here are some random pics from our trip to Florida over Thanksgiving.

Brynn loved hanging out with her cousins from Atlanta. We have enjoyed getting all of Emma's hand-me-downs since B has been born...keep 'em comin'!

You can tell they are related...they are like two peas in a pod. Too smart for their own good and their personalities are so similar.




We went to the beach to do some fun pics and a nasty storm was rolling in. We got about 10 minutes in before it started pouring on us. It was actually pretty cool lighting and I love how they turned out.


I think the water was a little chilly!




The weather was actually really warm and humid and we had the a/c on the whole time we were down there. B wasn't cold in her hat and scarf...she had just gotten them that day at the GAP, so she had to wear them since they were new.



Back to Christmas preparations, we went to my father-in-law's work Christmas party on Sunday and Santa was there. B said she would go talk to him to tell him what she wanted, but there was no way she would sit on his lap. So she told him what she wanted while keeping her distance. She said she wanted a dollhouse, but later while we were eating, she remembered she got that last year. So we had to go back up in line and amend her request to Santa. Who does that?

Also, who gets their face painted with a snake at a Christmas party? Where did I get this kid??

A shout out to my bud, Di, for these rockin' snowman cupcakes she made for our playdate yesterday. They were tasty.



Ky is three months old now and just the sweetest snugglebug ever. We sit and stare at each other all day and say, "I love you more," "No, I love you more!"





What do you think? Is he a little Chad? He also looks a lot like my brother, E.
Happy Tuesday. Lots more photo session posts coming soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment