Monday, February 8, 2010

Man, I feel old.

I am always amazed at how fast time passes right before my eyes. I know I always say that, but it is true. I struggle to live in the now. It seems I am always looking ahead; waiting for something that I have planned in the future. It will admit, I am much better than I used to be. When I used to sit at a desk all day long...counting down the days to go to Door County or up to the cabin, that was when it was the worst. Now that I am my own boss and make my own schedule, I am much better. And yet, time still flies. This weekend was a rude slap in the face when I realized my little baby sis, Lisa, is 20 years old. C'mon, really?


When she chooses what she would like to do for her birthday every year, she tends to get stuck on one theme for a few years in row. For many, many years, it was Chuck E. Cheese. For the last couple of years, it has been bowling.

We had a ball yesterday when we helped her celebrate.



Lisa is an amazing bowler...maybe that's why she makes us keep coming back, year after year...for an a$$ whooping ;) She even has her own ball and shoes.
This was Ella's first time bowling.


It was Ky's first time too. He had fun chillin' with his uncle E.

I scored a 144! Brynn actually bowled a strike for me.

We had to use the ball that matched her sweet outfit.

My brother-in-law, Adam, brought his Grandma Ella's vintage bowling ball...circa 1972.



I challenge you today to live in the now. One day at a time. No dwelling on the past. No looking to the future. Enjoy the present. It is a gift afterall.

1 comment:

  1. Kelly, so very true how time flies before your eyes. I loved your saying in the end about living for now. Enjoy life and look for pleasures in the smallest things. Susye

    ReplyDelete