Thursday, February 4, 2010

Some Bridal Resources

Sorry for the long absence...not sure where the last week went :( My kiddos and Chad have been sick all week and have been very needy. Looking forward to them all getting back on their feet.

I am really excited about some fun weddings and shoots I have planned for this year. Lots of traveling! The past month has been super busy with planning and booking. I have been getting a lot of inquiries for sessions for next fall already, but unfortunately, I am not booking fall sessions until the summer time, so be sure to check back with me. That is the same for this summer...if you would like to book a session, I will start booking them this spring...prob in April.

I have come across some great new resources for you brides out there. I have always tried to post links to fun sites as I come across them. You can see more here or here or here or here, well, you get the idea. If you click on the "clients" category on my blog, you can come across all these as well. There are more too.

I just did a wedding consultation this week and the bride was looking for some wedding invite advice. I just found The Wedding Paper Divas whose stuff is so adorable and affordable and keeps with the vintage, eclectic themes that are so popular right now for weddings.


Speaking of vintage, if you are looking for a dress or veil from Pre-WWII, the 1940's, 50's, or 60's, this is the place for you: The Vintage Bride. They even have free shipping!


One of my brand new brides (Stay tuned for a super sweet vintage wedding coming this summer!) just turned me on to a great blog: Style Me Pretty. There are so many resources within this blog.

The Ruffled Blog also has an endless supply of inspiration and resources.

Do you need to take some dance lessons before your big first dance debut? I pleaded with Chad to take dance lessons before our wedding and he said he would if I would take cooking lessons...needless to say, neither happened :(

Check out Jiveroc. The instructor, Phillipa Witcher, was born and raised in London, England. She studied Tap, Ballet, Jazz and Modern for 16 years before joining a dance company in London, performing as a backing dancer for various artists. She went on to become a member of the Arial Entertainment Dance Company in Chicago and performed for two years before moving to Hawaii where her teaching career began at the St Laurent School of Dance in Honolulu.
After a season of dance in Sydney, Australia, Phillipa then returned to England to open her own dancing school in London. Upon completing her Associate Teacher's qualification through the Imperial Society of Teachers of Dance (I.S.T.D.) she owned and managed the Pamela Winfield School of Dance (named after her grandmother) teaching children, teenagers and adults. During this time Phillipa studied salsa, swing and jive and began teaching what would eventually become JiveRoc.

She moved to Chicago in July 2007 and has brought JiveRoc across the pond. Phillipa is also a member of the Cartier Collective Tap Dance Company, performing at various events across the country.

She recently put up new prices up for 2010 but if anyone mentions my name when they contact her, she will honor her 2009 prices for you. Her 2010 prices are $65 per session, 4 sessions for $240, but her 2009 prices were $60 per session, 4 sessions for $200.

And finally, if you are looking for makeup for your big day, a friend of mine from high school, Kate Jeffrey, has entered the wedding vendor world. Kate's maiden name is O'Malley, and with mine being O'Reilly, you can imagine how many years we had our lockers next to each other...since 6th grade ;)

I did a fun shoot with her in December to help get her business off the ground and help her with some shots for her website. Her website is coming soon, but you can contact her at 630.347.5283.

Here she is in action:















I have a really busy weekend with shoots, so I will have some great new stuff to share next week. Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment