Monday, May 10, 2010

me, the road & the radio

The road was long and the radio was loud. It was just me. No one shouting orders from the backseat. Roll the windows up. Change the song. Get my juice. Are we there yet?

I arrived in Grand Rapids, Michigan late this evening and enjoyed every minute of my journey so far. I was afraid I would not be able to stay awake while driving the 3 1/2 hours up here (see last post re: sleep deprivation), so I got a library card today and checked out some books on CD. Mary Higgins Clark, you rock my world.

This ride was much different than the drive up to Sheboygan Falls, Wisconsin we had last weekend. Faye and I shot a super cool wedding that I can't wait to share with you, but this time we brought our families with us. They got to hang out at the water park at the Blue Harbor Resort while we shot the wedding. It was also Brynn's 4th birthday on Saturday, then we celebrated Kyler's baby dedication at church on Sunday as well as Mother's Day. I am exhausted. I have some great shots to share, but I will be unavailable for the rest of the week. I will return emails and phone calls as soon as I can. Thank you for your patience!!!

Tomorrow is the beginning of a two day workshop with a photographer I have admired from afar since I got in to the photography world. Amy Wenzel is not only a phenomenal photographer, but an amazing Christian woman as well. I had an awesome convo with her tonight. You can read her whole story on her blog, but I admire the strength she emanates as her husband battles a brain tumor. They aren't even 30 years old! Life is unfair, but they are inspiring others all over by sharing their story.

Another little guy who is inspiring is this little Connor who is in an active battle with leukemia. He is undergoing chemo and is feeling good. I could barely keep up with him and his 5 cousins. All boys!!
These lucky grandparents have 6 adorable grandsons. This was one of the first shots of the day. I was praying that these images were in focus as they sat there with their halos glowing.

A big thank you to my friend, Julie, and her hubby for arranging this session for her in-laws. They have never had family photos taken together.

Julie told me to skip the gym that day...I did get a work out ;)


Little ducklings.

This bubble gum was a life saver. They all had big wads of gum in their mouths. Bribery definitely works.

Brothers.

Brothers.

Brothers.

This is one of my favorite shots. Check out Tyler giving me the "thumbs up." Thanks Tyler!!


Then they were outta here.

I am so happy to have spent this time with all of you. Thank you so much for letting me be a part of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment