Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Scrum-dilly-umptious

A lot of blood, sweat and tears have gone in to my business venture.  MANY late nights I have spent on my laptop researching other photographers, reading forums, networking with other photographers, trying to improve not only my photography knowledge but also my business knowledge.  

I joined organizations such as PPA, PPANI, APPI, and WPPI to get as much exposure to all the different speakers, products and resources out there.

I took out Michael Barton's garbage, answered his phones, did his filing and tagged along on as many weddings and shoots as he would let me.  I tried to absorb it all and then evaluate it to see where I stood.  I didn't rush in to anything.

I love being able to share the information that has worked for me, and what has not worked, with other aspiring photographers.

Erica and I worked together as lifeguards at the Geneva Pool way back when.  I am so happy that we have reconnected to share our love for photography and I can help with getting her business off the ground.  You can check her out here.


Erica's husband, Craig, has been a friend of mine since I moved to Geneva in the 5th grade.  They now have a son named Kai.  Erica and I always talk about "your Kai" and "my Ky."











A girl needs some head shots to get her website going...



Obviously there is no snow on the ground...these were taken a few months ago.  This golden light was totally scrumptious.  Are they not the cutest little family?



Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Kelly, thanks so much for these beautiful images. We will cherish them forever. What a fun evening! Also, thanks for everything that you have done for me and for my business. I appreciate it so much!!

    ReplyDelete