Friday, May 27, 2011

Adversity adshmersity

I haven't felt well all week, hence the long silence, but I have gotten more emails from friends and clients that keep me getting out of bed every day.

One in particular that stands out was from a friend who sent me a link to the Erik Weihenmayer Commencement Address from May 22, 2011.  He is the blind mountain climber who conquered Mt. Everest.

This is what my friend writes:
I can't even tell you why, but I thought of you when I read this.  I think it's the whole "dig in your heels" part.  I know this pregnancy has taken you by surprise & it's been hard to get used to the idea of having 4 kids, but I also know you're strong & you'll definitely put on your big-girl pants & you'll probably even make it look easy.  Anyway, it takes a few minutes to read this, but it's worth it.  Erik Weihenmayer is one of my very favorite people in the world. 

You can check it out here.


I hope she doesn't mind that I posted this, but I just wanted to let her know how much it has helped me put things in perspective.


Now, I am off to my ultrasound and then a weekend full of family time at the lake as well as a wedding to shoot too.


Have a great weekend everyone!  I hope to be back with a vengeance.  



No comments:

Post a Comment