When most people get in front of a camera, they automatically stiffen their shoulders sit up straight and smile as big as they can. That totally looks good, right? Riiight.
I love having some fun with my clients to make them feel like themselves when my lens is pointed in their direction.
A few things to think about next time someone's camera is aimed at you...
1. Keep your arms away from your body, i.e. hand on hip or elbows out ever so slightly. It shows definition to your arms...especially if they are bare.
2. Tilt your chin down slightly, but not too much or that will = double chin. This also makes your eyes more sexy. Who doesn't want to look more sexy?
3. Lean forward. Yes, it will feel weird, but you can thank me later.
4. Stand up if possible rather than sitting = more flattering.
5. Smile with your eyes = "Smizing." Rather than smiling with every pearly white showing (guilty as charged) try using your eyes to show how happy you are. P.S. This will also help reduce the crinkles in the eye region too. Double bonus!
Viola. A new you!
These two aced these little tips like pros and by the end of our session were posing in ways I didn't even tell them.
It really was too bad they don't know how to have fun together.
I can not wait to head down to Cincinnati this summer for their wedding bash. Katie & Andrew, if your engagement session was any indication of how much fun we are going to have, I better rest up now. I am super excited and honored you chose me.