Thursday, March 25, 2010

Sassypants

Today I broke my cardinal rule. I left the house in my comfy-est, frumpiest, gray sweatpants I own. Today is one of those days that all I want to do is curl up on the couch with my pillow and blankie and eat nothing but those little powdered donuts that you can fit all in your mouth at once. Oh, how they just melt when you close your mouth around them. I have just cut myself off after two, but I can't stop thinking about them sitting in my pantry. Two more wouldn't hurt anyone, would they?

Chad ate a whole bag of them one night after I had gotten home from the grocery store. When Brynn woke up the next morning she couldn't wait to have one for breakfast, but to her dismay, they were GONE! I think Chad even still had a little ring of powder around his lips. Brynn knew he was the culprit and was pissed. Now when we buy them and unpack them she shows them to Chad (a/k/a "Chaddy Daddy") and she says he can have some, but not ALL!

I don't want to be the victim of her wrath, so I better not eat all of them.

It's a good thing I have my daughter to keep me in line. A couple of weeks ago I was having one of those days where everything annoyed me. I think it started when I was trying to get dressed and nothing was fitting right. Then Brynn questioned what I did decide on wearing:

Brynn: "Mom, is that what you are wearing?"

Me: "Yeah, you got a problem with it?"

Brynn: "Mom, why are you being so attitoody?" (attitude-y?)

Me: (fighting back a smile) "Attitoody?"

Brynn: "Yeah. You're being a ninny puggits."

Me: "Ninny puggits? You mean cotton-headed ninny muggins?" (from Elf, the movie)

Brynn: "Yep, that's what I meant."
_____________________________________________________________

Now these are the faces of sweet, innocent boys that I am sure will never sass their parents like my lovely daughter.


These little ninny muggins are the adorable off-spring of Tiffany & Adam, whose maternity session I did last fall.

You can tell the difference in their personalities just by looking at their natural expressions. Max is a bruiser who is happy as long as things are going his way. Aidan is a little more apprehensive or nervous; maybe even slightly concerned.


But both are absolutely perfect and beautiful and I loved getting to know them. You will get to know them well too. They are my newest addition to my baby plan collection.



LOVE baby rolls!!!!




I liked these little onesies so much, I picked one up for Kyles from Baby Gap.





Many congrats to Tiff & Adam. I am so happy for you both. May they grow up without "sass" in their vocabulary ;)

1 comment:

  1. Oh that Brynnie!! She's a funny one! ;) Always love reading your blogs Kelly!

    ReplyDelete