Monday, January 3, 2011

New Year, New stuff


As you know, I try to live in the moment.  Not look too far ahead.  Don't look back.  

However, as I reflected back on 2010, I thought about how everything in my life, both personally and professionally had surpassed my expectations.  It was a great year.  I am even more excited for the fun things to come in 2011.  

I hear people calling it "two thousand and eleven" as well as "twenty-eleven."  I am not sure which is right for me.

This post was inspired by Oprah's Favorite Things.  I wish I could give things away like her.  I would do it every day.  I was so happy for my friends Linda & Paul who were chosen to be in the audience for Oprah's Ultimate Favorite Things episode this past December.  They could not be more deserving to be there.

Although these are not all tangible things that can be given away.  I would still love to share them and hope that you may get as much enjoyment out of them as I do.

Here are some of my favorite things right now:  

Heather is the Senior Editor for one of my new favorite magazines, Flea Market Style, and her blog keeps me inspired as I start making a file of clippings of my new home decor inspirations.




All I will say about this is that I own just about every color and if I could surgically permanently attach this thing to my body, I would.



Whippy Cake
These little ditties sold out at the end of this year, so I could not get one.  But I can't wait to get my paws on one as soon as their new line comes out.


 Helen Ficalora on Shop Bop
Thank you to Jennifer for introducing me to these little charms.  Chad got me the silver "B" & "K" for our anniversary and I have not taken them off since.
 

I am so addicted to home decor sites and especially this "before and after" site.  She does all the searching for you on the web, as well as gets submissions from her readers, and posts them all in one place.  It is AH-MA-ZING what can be done with the most hideous looking pieces of furniture.


Can you believe these transformations?

 



Urban Farmgirl Blog
Mary, the urban farmgirl, has a fabulous little Etsy shop from which I just got the cutest metal toolbox.  She is a local gal (Rockford, IL) and you can find her on the first weekend of every month, in the warmer months, at the Kane County Flea Market too.  I got a sweet little bookshelf from her for B's room last spring.  I fully intend to deck out her new room (when we find our new home) with the farmgirl's custom furniture.



 Laugh if you want (Tony), these shiny wellies may also be permanently attached to me.

They sure came in handy at the cabin last weekend when that brief warm-up melted the deep mounds of white fluffy snow and left mud and slush everywhere.  My tootsies were dry as a bone.



 Crate & Barrel Lounge Sofa
Court & Adam just got these couches and oversized arm chairs for their new home and once you sit in them, you won't want to get up.  They suck you right in.  I wish I had a chance to sit in them for longer periods of time.  One of us is always having to get up and referee those darn kids of ours.

 The North Face Metropolitan Parka
My only complaint about this jacket is now I am sometimes too warm.  I didn't know that was possible.


Ruche
Love Anthropologie but can't always afford to pay their prices?  You will love this:  www.shopruche.com


 The Wedding Paper Divas
I have a soft spot for paper products.  I get hot & bothered over cute post-it notes.

These Divas also do wedding invitations, shower invites, save the dates, wedding menus, place cards, etc., etc., but I want to emphasize the custom thank you cards.  Let's face it, who doesn't love to get a super cute thank you card in their mailbox when you have done something nice for someone?  Sent a birthday gift?  Helped with a project?  Made dinner?  There is no better way to let someone know you appreciate or acknowledge their nice gesture, then by a handwritten thank you card or note...no matter where you buy them from or even if you write it on a post-it note.






 Faith Hill "True"
I have been on the hunt for a new perfume for about four years.  I think I can finally stop looking.  Thanks Mom!
 Chevy Uplander
Although this is not something new...what IS new, is that we got rid of the mini-van!  No more mini-van for us!!  Yay!


Destination Weddings
Looks like some travel is in the cards for me this year.  I have a few destination weddings planned in the Caribbean.  I have suddenly been getting lots of inquiries about me needing an assistant ;)  Speaking of which, my sister/CFO was recently inquiring about my maternity leave policy...darn it!  She is having her baby, Haddie, on March 2nd.


Have a great day and a Happy 2011!

1 comment:

  1. Love this post - so many great ideas!! Love Whippy Cake! Thanks for the suggestions :)

    ReplyDelete